Ads 468x100px

Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

❤ Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow Review & Swatches

The Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadows really stood out because I really like their packaging and the colors in this collection. If you watched my video, I mention how I really love all the colors and how extremely pretty they all are. Basically overall I would rate these 7.5. Let me break it down for you. First lets start with packaging. I love the packaging. I think they look so nice in a standard round container with a clear bottom so we can see the color inside and with a black lid. Very nice. Now with pigmentation, most of them have great pigmentation. Some require a little more work than others but basically they have great color payoff. Texture is nice, since we already know they're in cream form I wasn't surprised by it. I do enjoy the fact that when they dry they feel just like an eyeshadow. I find this formula very unique. Application was a little tricky for me when using more than one of these colors. Once they dry they're almost impossible to blend. When I experimented with these on myself I just used one of these with some of my other shadows and they worked better that way. I like that these don't need any sort of primer or base since they kinda work like one to begin with, until they dry that is. And like I mentioned before a couple need more work to get a good color payoff. I find the Painted Purple to be streaky and the Edgy Emerald is slightly steaky as well. I'm very satisfied with the longevity of these shadows. I have not tested them for a full 24 hours like their packaging states, but I did test for about 10 and I'm very happy they stayed put, no creasing and no fading. They really lasted the whole day for me. They really stuck onto my arm when I did swatches of these too. And as for variety, I know its a complete new products just introduced, but I still rate the variety of colors they offer. I find 10 shades to be alright, not totally impressed. So there you have it. Overall these are super cool shadows, I'm not too sure if they're a favorite, something I would reach for day to day, but they are really unique.


Click here for the video.



Too Cool, Fierce & Tangy, Audacious Asphalt




Painted Purple, Bad to the Bronze, Pomegrante Punk, Tough as Toupe





Tenacious Teal, Bold Gold, Edgy Emerald




Top, then Bottom and Without caps




Swatches





Packaging: 9/10
Texture: 8/10
Application: 6/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Variety: 4/10
OVERALL: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment