Ads 468x100px

Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

❤ Jesse's Girl Baked Eyeshadows Review & Swatches

I've been a huge fan of Jesse's Girl for a long time now. I first tried their eye dusts and loved them. A few years ago, Jesse's Girl sent me the Color My World baked eyeshadow set and I freakin' loved them. When I'd seen that a new collection of six shadows were at Rite Aid, I had to get them all. Very reasonable prices, I think $3.99 each. They don't have a name for the set, but these were the ones with the black round compact. Then they released the Mineralized Baked Powder Eye Shadows and I picked up 5 of the 6 because my Rite Aids didn't carry Ocean Breeze. Jesse's Girl wanted to send me some of their new palettes so that's when I got Ocean Breeze and the baked eyeshadow palette. So I finally decided to do a review on these. I've included photos of swatches in my video and below in this blog. I think the quality of baked shadows are really awesome. They're really unique because most of them have a mixture of two colors so when you pick up the color you get something totally different than what you're looking at, since they mixed together and all. I'm going to rate these according to each collection.

Baked Powder Eye Shadow Collection
First I share the palette. I'm not really fond of the packaging on this one. The texture is really nice, I love how baked shadows feel to begin with. The application is easy and they blend easily. They have great pigmentation with little effort. I've used these with a base and they have great staying power. There's a nice variety, nothing too over the top or in your face, just some nice colors.

Packaging: 6/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 8/10
Pigmentation: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Variety: 7/10
OVERALL: 8.1/10
Price: $6.99
Available Here





Color My World
I really love these shadows. The collection includes 4 colors, Aqua, Earthtone, Evergreen and Volcanic. They're huge so you get a lot of product for the price. They're listed on the Jesse's Girl website for "Last Chance" so they're gonna be gone soon. I like the packaging, its really unique with the clear lid on a black compact. Of course I like the texture. Application is smooth and silky, and the pigmentation is amazing. They last all day and I'm very sad for the variety since they only had 4 colors released in this collection.

Packaging: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 8/10
Pigmentation: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Variety: 3/10
OVERALL: 8/10
Price: $3.50
Available Here





Mineralized Baked Powder Eye Shadows
This collection contains 6 very pretty colors. Esmeralda, Graphite Frost, Kiwi Shine, Ocean Breeze, Plum Frost and Rosemary Frost. The packaging is pretty cool. They're square with clear case and a black plastic lining that holds the eyeshadow pan. The application and pigmentation are fairly the same formula as the other eyeshadows so their payoff is the same. They're very long lasting with a good base, just like almost any other eyeshadow. And the variety isn't very large.

Packaging: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 8/10
Pigmentation: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Variety: 4/10
OVERALL: 8/10
Price: $3.99
Available Here





And finally the last collection I showed in my video. They don't really have a name for this collection but they're the ones with the black compact packaging, which I freakin' love the best out of all of these. I rate the texture, application, pigment and longevity all the same at the other baked shadows, variety is the same as the mineralized baked shadows since they also have 6 colors in this collection too.

Packaging: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 8/10
Pigmentation: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Variety: 4/10
OVERALL: 8.3/10
Price: $3.99
No Longer Available.







So overall these shadows are roughly an 8 in my book. They have great colors with great payoff for a great price! Some of these are still available on the Jesse's Girl website while one collection I can't seem to find anywhere. I was not paid to do this review. All opinions are my own. Thanks for reading my blog and/or watching my videos =)


Click here for the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment